puch misfiring as engine winds down

Jason Luther /

when i let off of the throttle, especially when the engine is cold, and the motor is winding down as i stop it misfires something fierce. it never misfires while riding, and a new plug doesnt make any difference. it has done it ever since ive owned the ped, so i thought perhaps it was normal, but none of my other peds do it. is this normal for a puch or should i start checking ignition parts?-jason

Re: puch misfiring as engine winds down

clean and set the points

check your timing also

Jason Luther /

thanks, i was hoping i didnt have to take the magneto off.

Jason Luther /

how well can a ped run with a poor condensor? it seems to run fine, but misfires at certain throttles postions and on the wind down. thanks-jason

Tab Patterson /

Also...check to see if your jet and the nozzle its attached to is still tight. I had one back out on me and it gave that very symptom.

Jason Luther /

thats totally crazy!! that was the EXACT problem!!!!!!! runs like a champ now. thanks-jason

Tab Patterson /

Glad I could help...

I was pretty sure Tab would `nail it'. He and Paul and Zippy and several others have a LOT of PUCH experience. don-ohio

Jason Luther /

it was just crazy since i found the problem and fixed it, and then tab diagnosed the exact thing. although it still misfires sometimes as it winds down, just not nearly as bad.-jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account