TESTI- no spark

Althea Erickson /

I'm helping a friend get his TESTI running, which has been sitting out in the rain all summer and has been subject to some vandalism. Alnyway, we started working on it last night. There is no spark. No lights, no horn, nothing when you pedal. Tried a new plug, no go. Cleaned the points as well (we've cleaned them once before). I was about to dive into timing, but then i realized that his tail light bulb was stolen. Does anyone know if the ignition is wired to the tail light on a 1980 Testi Cricket? Also, does anyone know what type of tail light bulb he needs and where to get one?

Finally, if we do have to adjust the timing, the the F and T marks were not all that evident to me. Does anyone know where exactly I can find them?

oh, last thing, he's worried cause the metal case around the kill switch was stolen too. I have a ped where the same is true and i just ground the switch to thandlebar when i want to cut out. am i correct in believing this is not the problem?

thanks...

Re: TESTI- no spark

Alot of Italian bikes had the taillight wired in the circuit..so I would replace it. My Minarelli will not start with out it. Does it have two taillights or one?

6v 10w or 6v 5w

Althea Erickson /

One tail light. can i get the bulbs at auto zone? or any hardware store?

You can probably to test it out and make sure that is not the problem. I am not sure on the exact bulb you need. Is it 12v or 6v? You need dual filament for the break and taillights...

The Testi's need a 6v double filament. The bike will not run without a bulb. We've also had problems with the Testi HT coil being bad. Get a bulb then try to start it. If not get a new HT coil. I don't know if you can get the bulbs at Autozone, if they don't have it try a scooter or motorcycle shop.

BK

Also we have extra switches if you need them.

BK

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account