New carb for '78 NC50 Express?

I think the carb in my '78 NC50 Express is un-repairable. Are they still available at the dealer or I'm looking for a used one? If they are available at the dealer, how far do I need to bend over?

Re: New carb for '78 NC50 Express?

Bill Switzer /

Check out ebay items #2490816056 and #2490817825.

Craig Blanton /

Thanks for the #s, I'll check it out...

Jonas Quimby /

And just what is wrong with yours again?

I would spend many minutes tracing back your conversations were it not 2 AM, and if I were not on this horrid wireless internet...

Anyway, I have long though poorly of my Express's carburator, but there is in fact nothing wrong with it. It seems they are just very very picky about their settings and the overall condition of the engine. Short of something being very broken, You may be wasting your money.

Jason Luther /

i think with any carb, unless something is physically broken, bent, or cracked, the carb is okay. -jason

Craig Blanton /

The needle is wore out, the main body has some major corrosion problems, the bowl seems warped and the screws are stripped out.

I don't think that this is the only problem with its condition, but it can't help...

Craig Blanton /

I went to the local Honda dealer today to see if they could still get the carb. Yes, they can, but at $140.

So I went to the only motorcycle salvage I could find in the phone book. They had some Expresses, but of course all the carbs where long since gone.

I decided at that point I'd pony up the $$$ and get the new carb. Probably a stupid move, but I can't see messing with my rotted out piece anymore. The new one should be here on either Thursday or Friday...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account