PLEASE HELP>>>TOMOS

i just put on a 60cc athena from my puch with a head and bullet exhaust and 15mm delorto. after having a pain in the but screwing around with a broken clutch and crap, the stupid thing won't run right. I pulled it out with a 64 jet and it was dogy and would bog down, so i threw in a 56 and now it won't even start, so i fidled with the timing, and it just makes it back fire.....THIS PISSES THE HECK OUT OF ME.

Re: PLEASE HELP>>>TOMOS

Did you install the piston upside down? That seems to be a common problem with people installing kits that run really crappy.

to add to what rand said- there is an arrow on your piston- it needs to point to the exhaust port

nick

Ya, the wholes in the piston are on the intake side. Does anyone know what the standard timing is set for. like wich way the coils are set in the magneto, are they to the left, right center.

Er wait, did you say that you took a kit from a Puch and put it on your Tomos? Because that could certainly be an issue...

It shouldn't be at all, cause their cylinders are interchangeable. The athena esp. I think the timing mayb be off, but there is also a ratling sound from the trany now, andy one have a clue

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account