Excess vibrations (Minarelli V1)

Just today I have noticed more vibration coming from the engine. It is acting differently also. I am going to tear into it right now, I am guessing that a bearing went bad. How tough to replace the main bearings?

It is a Minarelli V1 with about 3000 miles. the last 1400-1600 with a Polini 74cc kit and Bullet exhaust.

Thanks,

Justin

Re: Excess vibrations (Minarelli V1)

Justin, the tear down can be tough.Much more difficult than a Puch. You'll need a clutch puller, either a commercial Minarelli one or if you have tools, a homemade one. The one tool you'll need to purchase for the job is the Minarelli crankshaft extractor. I know Handy Bikes has them in stock. I may be able to send you ours to use. It could be easier to just pick up a used engine off of Ebay though. Let me know.

Make sure that the plastic or cast aluminum fan blower over the magneto isn't loose,also. Also,check rear wheel bearing play and sprocket,too. Before I would take apart the engine I'd check the upper rod bearing for play or

for the piston hitting the head. don-ohio (:>)

so after just a few minutes I discovered that the front mounting bolt was missing. problem solved. it was vibrating like crazy.

stop wining you pussy

Wayto go! That's solving the problem! don (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account