No Power Puch need help

i just replaced the engine off of a kids bike. but the new engine is super slow. i noticed that the muffler was barely pushing out exhaust but there was a bit coming from the manifold and where the stock muffler comes together. also When cleaning the new piston i noticed that the piston itself had a few scratches on the head. the bike starts up pretty well but when you go to drive it there is no pick up and it only hits like 15 max. I tried to remove the little end inside thing from the muffler to make it a straight pipe and see if that helped with performance. It did slightly. Does anyone know what could be wrong. Could timing be to blame? It seems to start easy but i dunno. the bike also seems to have pretty good compression. anyone know whats up?

Re: No Power Puch need help

oh I also think its not a carb problem it seems to be running smooth in the carb area

sounds like you have a clogged exhaust take the exhaust completely off and then try to run the bike if it runs better you have a exhaust problem.

yea clean the exhaust, buy a new spark plug and clean and set the points

sounds hot i will do that tomorrow and get back to yall.

i fixed all of that it seems to have a weak spark. I adjusted the timing but no luck. with the spark still weak anybody know why the spark would be weak?

Maybe a bad HT coil?? Bad condenser?? We've been swapping out a lot of these lately in Elkhart.

BK

Did you file the points down a bit when you adjusted them? glazing or pitting on the points will cause a weak spark

When you cleaned out the exhaust, did you knock out the whole baffle? You take a broom handle and pound it out from the engine side. Then take a torch and heat it up so it will clean off with a wire brush. I think a restricion in the exhaust is not allowing it to asperate properly. Be sure its clean before you do to much with the electrical.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account