messed up my fa50

Kevin Laitala /

the other day i was fixin the brakes on my ped and i decided i would take off the carb to clean it. it runs smoother now but instead of going 35-40 it goes 20mph and doesnt accelerate as fast either. does any one have an idea as to what may be wrong? and dont say jets, thats too obvious.

Re: messed up my fa50

maybe the manifold is leaking from imprper torque. spray some starting fluid around the manifold using cardboard or some thing to keep it from going directly lnto the carb. if it revs high you have a leak

what kind of kit/exhaust/carb do you have on there to get that thing up to 35-40?

messed up my fa50

If the problem only started when you took the carb off, I would take it off again and re-check it very thoroughly.

It's highly unlikely that something else magically destroyed itself in the short time that it took to clean a carburetter.

Kevin Laitala /

well, it acually had nothing to do with the carb. i messed with it for a while, took off the carb cleaned it again, made sure everything was in the right place, but nothing helped much. i noticed there was oil leaking from where the chain and all that stuff is, so i drained some out. now it goes about as fast as before. i didnt expect that to be it because i put the oil in at the same time i was cleaning the carb. go figure.

my moped gets up to 35 pretty easy but you have to go for a while with the throtle all the way open to get to 40mph. all i've got is a straight pipe, high flow air filter, bigger/lower resistance ignition wire(Taylor 10.4mm pro wire). and a split fire plug. i also run with racing oil and $4 a gallon high octane racing gas. the gas really does make quite a difference...i'm going to get it bored out soon too, my dad said he knows some one who can do it.

Glad you got it running.

You didn't tell us that you did other 'things' when you had the carb off, though!

I was a Field Service Rep. for a lomg time and I would always go back and redo what I just did if a problem popped up right after I was done 'fixing' something.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account