Seized Flywheel

David Shanny /

I recently acquired a Peugeot 103LVS/U3 and noticed that while it runs great on a flat it would lose power somewhat erratically going up a hill or if RPM s were increased.

I emptied the gas that was in it, cleaned the carburator and introduced fresh gas. The spark plug appears to be in good condition (not burned or fouled) and both the plug and the points are gapped correctly. The fresh gas solved some of the problem but I still suspect the condensor might be ailing.

The problem is I can't remove the flywheel to access the condenser or coil. I do not have the special tool that Peugeot recommends and a wheel puller would not remove the flywheel - at least to the extent that I was willing to apply pressure. I was afraid I would ultimately distort the flywheel.

Does anyone know where I can get the correct tool or failing that, have any suggestions as to how I might remove the flywheel. I did soak the spindle with WD-40. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Seized Flywheel

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Yo, I have got the tool to remove it. You can borrow it but you must pay the shipping charges. Peugeot flywheels are nearly impossible to get off without the tool. I new condensor is available at the mopedwarehouse.com

Brooklyn

David Shanny /

Thank You Brooklyn.

My email address is des2105@myway.com. We can exchange addresses regarding shipment. Paying shipping both ways is not a problem and is the least I can do.

Do you know if that tool is available for purchase anywhere?

Do you think the problem could be in the condenser?

Please reply to the email address listed.

Thank you so much.

Rayn Kozikowski /

ok heres what you do. get a socket wrench a hammer and some vice grips. open up the vice grips and clamp it to one on the little slits on the front of the flywheel. loosen the nut and take it off. then lightly tap the front flywheel in a circular motion with the hammer while pulling on the vice grips. it should come right off so you can check your points and condenser

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account