Columbia seized? Wont pedal

I cant get my pedals to turn when i pull in the clutch.... I havent pulled the cylinder off to check. I had just put some tranny fluid in it before it seized, could that be a problem...? Did i use the wrong kind? I was riding my ped for a good hour before it seized and it sounded like it needed tranny fluid, and it kept on dying on me like it was overheating, and after it cooled there was a small lose of power. I went home and put in the tranny fluid and then i ran it on the kick stand and it siezed up. Can any one help me??

Re: Columbia seized? Wont pedal

Steve Murphy /

From the symptoms, I'd pull the jug off and see if the piston's seized first. Sounds like it got too hot.

That's the bad news. The good news is that now you have an excuse to get that 70cc kit!

Josh Niem /

where is a good spot to get an upgrade kit for fairly cheap?

Steve Murphy /

I think Moped Warehouse (www.mopedwarehouse.com) has the Autisa kits for about $150. This particular kit uses your existing intake and exhaust, and comes with the jug, piston, wrist pin, circlips, and I think, head gasket. Pretty much everything you need to do the job aside from some assembly lube.

You might want to get a new decompression valve at the same time, I think they run about $30. I'm not sure if MWH has these, but I know that www.themopedjunkyard.com does.

Josh Niem /

what is autisa kits? I got my moped un seized, it turned out to be one of the piston rings broke. im gonna check the moped where house out now for rings and look at the kits. My ped runs with one ring just has no balls to it any more so i gotta definitly find a ring.

Re: Columbia seized?broken ring

Leon Swarmer /

Josh,

look carefully for damage to the jug and the ports where the ring might have locked it up. If it is damaged heavily, your new rings can snag and break too.

Leon

Re: Columbia seized?broken ring

Josh Niem /

I looked and it seems to be fairly smooth so i think i am going to be ok.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account