MY PED RUNS!!!

it idles a little rough, and the muffler is definitly clogged, but this is the moped i bought for $10 at a yardsale and prolly put thirty bucks into.

my rear wheel is still frozen, even after i filled up the tranny (i ran it out of fluid, or it drained out) so now how do i unfreeze it???

Re: MY PED RUNS!!!

Leon Swarmer /

has your rear wheel rolled since you got it?

Is the brake arm (at the wheel) stuck in the pulled position?

does it move when you pull the left brake at the handlebar

don't rev your engine if it isn't rolling at all.even though it is wet it will be hard on your clutch.

how did you get spark to it?

the rear wheel rolled when i first got it, but i think the kickstart was stuck, so i drained the tranny and fixed the kickstart, (i think there was too much tension in the spring).

right now i have the kickstart spring release jerry rigged so it will release the spring, there are no brakes right now, but there is nothing frozen on the rear wheel, only at the tranny. when i push it down a hill at full throttle, i can get mabye thirty feet from the bottom before the tension stops the bike.

what do i do?

p.s. when i had the kickstart off, i could turn the wheel freely wtf?!?!

looking through the repair manual, i dont think the kickstart is reassembled improperly, i.e. the starter sprocket and starter arm dont align properly, im going to take it apart again in the next few days and hopefully that will fix this once and for all!

and what ped are we talking about????

i have the same problem with both wheels on one of my bikes...

77 nc50 honda express, im pretty sure its somthing to do with the alignment of the kickstart, certain things need to be lined up when reinstalling i think... anyone have experience with this?

Leon Swarmer /

First of all the NC50 was not meant to push start.

It aint gonna happen.

What I think is happening is that you are using the gears only to tighten up the spring that is meant to lift the tap start lever up a couple inches after you pull the brake handle (or however you have it rigged up. YOu only want enough power in that spring to lift that arm. try releasing it with your rigged up system. prolly won't do it..

Now try BACKing your ped up for the same distance that you pushed it. That should release the tension to a reasonable level if my guess is right.

This is certainly an interesting problem.

If you try to take that left cover off again while that spring in under high tension it could cause major damage to you.

Is your gasket still good for the left side cover? if not you could loose all your tranny oil that way.

Let us know

Re: MY PED RUNS!!! Go here,Adrian!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/26489

Much has been posted here by the Whiz and others. Do a search, and when the desired reults come up, hit `cached' and it will highlight what you want in colors. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account