Re: Vespa Ciao - electrical problems - will pay

Don Pflueger /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

an ohm meter measures the amount of electrical resistance that an item has. in other words, i measure the amount of force needed to push the electricity thru that item. a good example is speakers. home stereo speakers resist up to 4 ohms while car stereo speakers resist up to 8 ohms.

your horn may be rated at 4 ohms resistance, but if its bad, it may be requiring more current to be forced thru it. i hope i described that right.

a resistor is used in a bikes electrical system to regulate the current produced in the magneto so that bulbs dont blow. it actually onlly allows so much current to travel at one time. every moped has some type of resistor built in somewhere whether it be a voltage regulator, or just a simple resistor. its been a few years since i got rid of my 3 ciaos so i cant remember how they are wired up off the top of my head. but, their electrical systems are very simple.

read the service manual you were given, look closely at the wire diagram, and you will be able to figure it out. and you'll gain very useful knowledge in diagnosing a motorcycle electrical system.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account