Re: Vespa Ciao - electrical problems - will pay

Beamer W /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Haha thanks for your comment.

I'm referring to the light/horn switch on the handlebars. The ignition switch is on the other handlebar.

I have replaced my switch completely, all screws are tightly fastened and not corroded. I even tried taking the two out and twisting them together to bypass the switch. I do get a spark - but it all stays the same. So the switch doesn't seem to be the problem.

I've cleaned all the contact points I am aware of. The one on the engine casing (black), and the connectors inside the headlight.

The only wire I'm worried about is the wire coming out of the engine casing that looks like it's coming from the magneto ... it doesn't look too hot, and when I poke my little wire tester in there I don't get a light. I'm not exactly sure what that wire is for - though it is green which is usually ground - so I wouldn't get a charge anyways.

Thanks for your help

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account