tomos a3 problems

Ok let me start this by saying thanks in advance for any help,

1.How much transmission -atf- fluid do i need to use?

2.Should I try to find a 38.50 piston to replace my standard 38.00 -bore job- or just buy a performance kit...are there any such kits for the a3...I cant find a cheap piston for my a3 @ 38.50...the only one i found was 65.00$, minus shipping charges. I know that the a35 performance kits can go for 160.00$. with the bore job and piston kit ill be spending at least 100.00$...so any help here would be highly apriciated.

3.are the breaks hard to change out..should a pro do it?

thanks again for any help,

mike c

Re: tomos a3 problems

Don Pflueger /

1. the trans holds about 10 ox of fluid. there is a level screw on the lower right side case. remove the screw and fill the trans til it drips out. use dexron III, or type a suffix a if you can find it.

2. there are no kits available for the a3, but..... if you have an a3n, the airsal kit will work with some upper rod bearing changes. i would kit it only because down the road your gonnawant to do it anyway.

3. brakes are probably the easiest thing to do. just make sure everything is clean, dry, and moves propely.

Chris at Moped Warehouse sells a 60cc Athena Kit for the A3.

Sean Mccarthy /

Hey Don, how can I tell for sure if I have an A3 or an A3N?

I have a 10mm pin, but everything else seems to indicate A3N (from what Im told)

Thanks

Don Pflueger /

the a3n will have a letter n with a circle around it stamped on one of the fins on the cylinder. i believe it will be found on the upper right side if the engine is still mounted on the bike. my a3n has a 12mm wristpin.

YES! its a N model...wooot...thx alot for your help

im going for a kit pronto..soon as i check tennesee laws.

thx,

mike c

Re: a3n bearing changes?

Hey do you have any info on these bearing changes...i may go with the kit.

thx for any help,

mike c

tomos a3 carburator

Can I use a stock a3n delorto carburator with the new kit..wheres the best place to gbet a good cheap kit...cheap and good lol

thx,

mike c

Re: tomos a3 carburator

Also...im sure this motor has been seized hard atleast twice..BAD cylinder scratches.....and maybe even soft seized a couple times...will this badly effect my ped if i use a 60cc kit? and or should i replace parts before i take it for a ride..piston and cylinder i know i have to replace, just other parts, are they needed....the motor turns over fine without any odd noise..

thx,

mike c

Re: a3n bearing changes?

Don Pflueger /

you need to talk to ike about which bearing you need. some a35's came with 10mm or 12mm bearings depending on which assembly line they came from. th airsal kit is designed for the a35, but will fit the a3n with the rod bearring change, and the kitted a3n is second to none.

Don Pflueger /

yes but you need to upjet alot. from the stock #51 to #58, maybe #60. chris at mopedwarehouse and ike at ikes bikes both sell the airsal kit for $110.00.

Don Pflueger /

the airsal kit replaces everything in the top end except your head. you reuse the stock head.

You also have the 60cc Athena kit as an option which includes everything including a new carb but it is $320, much more than the Airsal.

Alright..so the athens kit is a head and carb and exaust and the airsal kit is just a baering change and a bigger carb jet?

sorry im a little slow..couldent find much info on the airsal kit...I thought it came with a new cylinder and piston...so i do need t get mine bored and then buy the airsal kit?...im a nub

Thx for ya help,

mike c

im going to open a new thread...thx alot guys for the help

mike c

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account