seized wheels

i just got an express... the wheels are seized (not the engine).. how do i go about repairing this?

Re: seized wheels

Figure out why they are seized may be a good first step...Brakes corroded closed or wheel bearings? Either one, lots of penetrating stuff will be helpful..good luck..

I think I have some brake parts from an Express sitting around if you want them, just pay shipping, I'll see what I have.

could be a little of both bearings and brakes. first disconnect the brake cables and see if anything changes. if not remove the brakes( sometimes they glaze over and get stuck) if it's still seized remove the bearings with a hammer and punch and clean them, but dont forget to regrease thrm. if it is the brakes glazed up, you can take some fine sand paper and sand the shoes and the drum. if loosing the cables works, they were just to tight

good luck

probably is the brakes to a degree... the levers wont move either...

well i'd start by removing the cables. if they are seized, you can get them moving with penetrating oil. if the levers are seized you an do the same. i suspect mor than one prob though so keep your eyes open when you working on it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account