free spirit wont start

Kelley Kleist /

Got a 79 free spirit....cant get to start....pedalling it lights up the headlight. When i got the bike the carb was bad, got another carb installed....i get a good spark, good compression and gas flow.... if i keep kicking it over it seems to flood into the muffler where gas leaks out the end. checked the float and it seems to be good still cleaned the carb and jet out again but nothing. any ideas

Re: free spirit wont start

try a new plug,

once those get soaked with gas and oil they will never fire, also check points gap, and just kind of go down the line and trouble shoot, it'll start

dito from me. but also check your manifold bolts make sure they are snug and the gaskets are cool

Kelley Kleist /

Ha, dummy me, grabbed a new plug and bam, started right up....now to keep it started, runs for about two minutes then dies down, funny thing is it will start right back up but keeps doing this, either riding it or standing still on stand, just dies right out, even if you twist the throttle..wondering if its a fuel problem, loooking at fuel line looks to have fuel though. any other ideas

Leon Swarmer /

have you cleaned the pinhole vent in your gas cap? top and bottom?

Leon

Kelley Kleist /

Hmmm...didnt think of that, Ill check it out

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account