can I use any points and condenser on a Ciao?

Jim Fitzgerald /

I think I need new points and a condenser, but I'm not sure if they are brand-specific or if they are generic parts that work with any moped.

Re: can I use any points and condenser on a Ciao?

Don Pflueger /

they are magneto brand specific. they have to fit a specific stator platedesign. the ciaos fit their engine case. i dont think they had a stator plate for some reason. i would have to do a search here from about 2 years ago when i posted pics of my 74 ciaos magneto setup.

Angelo Massimino /

Maybe I could help you: I've the points and the condenser you need. If you take interest, please reply by e-mail

Bruce Wilkinson /

The points and condencer are behind the flywheel. You must take the engine out and remove the flywheel with a special puller. The flywheel can be removed by hitting it with a rubber mallet, but it never worked when I tried it. Angelo sats he has the points and condencer, he probably has the puller too. bruce

Bruce Wilkinson /

I can see that you are having a lot of things going wrong with your Ciao. I found my Ciao in someones garbage three years ago. It was a wreck and I spent two years fixing it up, I had one thing after another go bad. I just kept working on it and this riding season I took it out in April for my first ride and have ridden it daily and I haven't had to do one single thing to it all spring and summer. I didn't even take a tool out of my box to do anything. So don't get discouraged, the Ciao is an excellant moped and look at the repairs as a new found hobby.

P.S. The best thing I did was Kreem Kit the gas tank. I haven't had to clean the carb since. bruce

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account