MopedWarehouse...why the silence?

Hello, fellow lunatics! =oD

Well, the old Peugeut is slowly coming back together. Throttle cable broke, but they're easy to find in bike shops. Carb needed a good cleaning - I'm talking 2 decades of ugh! - and THAT'S finally fixed....but the petcock STILL isn't working well, so I've decided to order one from MopedWarehouse.

But why won't they answer my e-mails?

I can't contact them by phone (1-800 number is no more, and I couldn't use it from northern Alberta, Canada, anyway). I've e-mailed them several times asking if they have the part in stock (it's online, but....), and how I can order when their forms ask for a zip code...which we Canucks ain't got!

But all messages go unanswered.

Any ideas, gang? I'm planning on a long trip this spring, possibly as far as Vancouver Island (should take a week or so), and I'd like to have a good, reputable place I can depend on for parts and service. But so far, it's just been a discouraging silence.

How has YOUR experience with M.W. been? Any other sources/suggestions??

Many thanks, all!

Katherine

Re: MopedWarehouse...why the silence?

Don Pflueger /

try chris at this number 1 973 423 9550

Chris is usually very busy and gets literally thousands of emails in a day and a call every minute. Try posting on his forum http://www.mopedguru.com/.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

From what it sounds like, Chris needs to hire some help. I also have only had about 5% of my emails answered.

Brooklyn

have you tried other moped shops I know www.myronsmopeds.com has them in stock. thanks Ray

He does have help but he is very busy (especially on weekdays) and also goes to the races so sometimes he's just not around.

Ramsey Beyer /

i ordered a new seat from mopedwarehouse and it took TWO weeks for it to get to me! i had just about given up on it and was about to fight for my money back when it finally showed up.

It didn't take two weeks. It took one week but it took Chris one week to ship it. When did you order? He might of been on vaction or at the races...

Handy Bikes also has has tons of stuff for your bike. try them.

BK

Steve Murphy /

Hopefully MWH reads these messages and realizes that this is a problem, and will work to fix it. These threads have been popping up frequently lately.

For what it's worth, I'm willing to pay more for my parts if it helps to improve customer service.

Don Pflueger /

would you rather have chris reading these forums, or filling your order. the best way to get his attention is thru his forum, www.mopedguru.com since he doesnt come to any forums anymore.

Ramsey Beyer /

in other words, it took two weeks for me to get my part. which is a long time. but im not complaining because i got it and it was a good part. just warning that it may take a while while you can order from some place else and have it take only a few days.

Don Pflueger /

well, any business runs out of products once in a while. and if its an item they dont sell many of, they have to order it from their distributor. thats probably what chris had to do before he could ship it out to you.

I hated to do it but after three emails with no response, I ordered from the netherlands. I would rather have bought local but ..........

Matthew Libhart /

Also remember that many parts are coming from over-seas and have to go through Customs, not exactly the quickest process.

Chris Sorensen /

I placed an order with MWH and had a very good experience. I also plan to order from him from now on. Chris was very helpful with some troubleshooting of my setup. I realize that we live in a "I want it, and I want it NOW" world, but it's nice to know that if you're willing to invest a little time with a small independent shop, that you in all liklihood will be treated much better than your run of the mill cookie cutter corporate bastards. I don't mind waiting. I give Chris much credit for what he's doing.

Kjell Grondahl /

Hello David. Where in the Netherlands did you get your parts? I live in Sweden and getting parts from USA is cumbersome and expensive.

Don Pflueger /

That's why I go to Chris instead of the asswipes at Steve's Moped but I also go to Chris since it's closer.

I like Chris and he's a great guy, but if I ever have the chance to order a bunch of parts that 50cc has, or throw my order in with someone else's with them, I do it in a heartbeat. Prices are great, response time is likewise great. Parts arrive about a week from when they ship, and they usually ship a few days after your order if they're not out of stock on anything.

50cc.nl, is their site.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account