now the Ciao leaks gas and runs like crap

Jim Fitzgerald /

So I thought I got the leak fixed, but I took it around the block and it runs really shitty. It dies unless I give it gas, and even at full throttle I get no power and it eventually dies after a few seconds. Could this be because it is flooded? By the way, it still leaks out of that hole in the carb. I tried to clean out the carb as best as I could and I thought the needle was working properly, but I have no idea why it keeps doing this.

Re: now the Ciao leaks gas and runs like crap

Jim Fitzgerald /

Also, the float does indeed float. I put it in some water to test it out and it floated. I cleaned the float off before I put it back in the carburetor.

Re: now the Ciao leaks gas and runs like crap

The leak in the carb could be causing it to suck too much air. Put it on the center stand and start the engine and if you can keep it running spray some carb cleaner around where the leak is and see if there is any change in the running of the engine.

Take your air cleaner off and make sure it doesn't have water in it. Then make sure it is securely seated and fastened.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account