Gel Cell/Lead Acid Batteries and Magnetos

Ok, I KNOW that it can be done, it has to be able to be done, somehow!

I see these lead acid/gel cell batteries and I want to hook it up to my magneto to charge it, then I can run all of my super fun stuff that I want to do to the ped from this battery.

There HAS to be a way to do it... at some point the moped generates electrical power, and it .is. convertable to whatever that gel cell wants!

Of course, you dont want to overcharge it, and thats the real trick, isnt it?

The bike in question is a 1980 puch newport 2... I am searching for a solution for all of the maxi/newport ppl out there. I want things like LED taillights, and turn signals, and other fun stuff that doesnt like freaky current with spikes in it, so you need a battery to stabilize what is going to those electronics!

IT IS POSSIBLE! And I am sure with the brains around here we can figure it out!

Re: Gel Cell/Lead Acid Batteries and Magnetos

I have new Tomos "Sprint" and added front and rear turn signals to it recently. Signals are powered by two 6 volt lantern batteries wired together to make 12 volts. Batteries are stored in seat. The magneto on a Sprint is not powerful enough to run turn signals (so I am told).

Yeah, my magneto was blowing my taillights so I wired some to run from 4 AA batteries that are in a project box under my luggage rack.

And where did you get those turn signals?

>And where did you get those turn signals?

Here... on "buy/sell" forum.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account