Kinetic TFR bulb problems!

Troy Weisenmiller /

ok so i have a 2003 TFR, and i have a polini pipe on it.

problem is, when i get over like 30, my bulbs blow, i heard this is a problem but how do i solve it, is there a voltage restrictor i can get to stop this?

ive put in a higher wattage bulb, but to no avail, it still burnt out fast.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Re: Kinetic TFR bulb problems!

Jared Kaufman /

ready?...........

Don't go over 30!

ba-dum ching

thank you, I'll be here all week...

Troy Weisenmiller /

ok enough from the peanut gallery, hah

yea i know its one solution, but i dont wanna be held back from goin faster, city streets kinda demand the speed.

any other suggestions?

maybe a higher wattage bulb????

Troy Weisenmiller /

i already tried a higher watt bulb, i already stated that, but thanks.

anything else??

opppps, sorry i missed that. are you sure the sockets, and, or conectors are not loose, or grounding out from bumps??

i'm not doubting you didn't check everything, just throwing out anything that comes to mind.

Troy the older Kinetic TFRs use to have voltage regulators so I would assume your 2003 also has one.

The regulator keeps the headlight bright when you slow down to come to a stop. I would assume it should also keep bulbs from blowing.

You may have a defective voltage regualtor.

Best is to call or email Cosmoplitan Motors. Your bike may still be under warranty.

Here is the link to send them ALL the ino they need about your bike.

http://www.cosmotor.com/service.htm

Troy Weisenmiller /

good call, ytea it should still be under warranty, its not yet a year old, and they said its a 1 year warranty.

ill give them a call and see what they say.

im pretty sure everything is tight and not grounding out.

thanks guys

Wailen Smithers /

my left blinkers dont work on my tfr and i have narrowed it down to the switch. is it possible the switch is defective or can i fix it some how. i need feedback

Make sure the rear blinkers are plugged in and have good connections too, they both need to be set up for them to work.

Troy Weisenmiller /

my blinkers are all ok, those are the only lights that still work on my bike, other than the light in my speedo. my headlight and tail lights just arent workin right now.

Yeah I was responding to sanddaddy.

Any luck with Cosmo yet?

Note: Higher wattage bulb will not correct the problem as it ONLY means that the bulb consumes mores amperage at a given voltage.

To correct the problem you need only to LIMIT the max voltage produced by your generator.

I dont know if the voltage regulator has a limiter in it, if it does can it be adjusted, or is a replacement item??? I will have a look at my TFR and inform you.

The alternate way is to install a Zener diode (one which allows current to flow only above a specified voltage) and a resistor in parallel to the generator output and a zener diode in series with the current output to turn it off a little higher that the diode which turns on the path for the diode with a resistor in it.

"The alternate way is to install a Zener diode (one which allows current to flow only above a specified voltage) and a resistor in parallel to the generator output and a zener diode in series with the current output to turn it off a little higher that the diode which turns on the path for the diode with a resistor in it."

Holy diode, chester. It's obvious you are a mechanic!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account