HOT HOT HOT

Leppy The Lepracaun /

I dont know, i am stumped on why my engine keeps gettign real real hot in a short period of time. I had a recent oil problem but i put new oil lines in and i watched the pump fill them with oil. But for some reason the oil is not going inside the engine where it belongs because my Block is overheating and i can hear the Piston scrapping and knocking about in there while riding. So since the oil is surely i know at least making it to the carbureator what could be the path this oil took after that? It obviously took a wrong turn and missed the piston. Doesnt seem to be leaking in anyway. Dont know how long i can keep this up before it overheates and seizes.

Please Gentleman....enlighten me for i have failed the moped Gods.

Re: HOT HOT HOT

trying premixing the gas

Leppy The Lepracaun /

i tried 4 oz last week and all it caused was a major crop dusting smoke everywhere. But it still burnt up. weird. maybe i need a new head theres tiny little rust holes on it.

dis connect the oil pump. and run pre mix

nick

Take the cyl. apart and check for scoring. Check for play in upper and lower end while you're at it. Check for a plugged exhaust,too.

Rebuild it if you must, but definitely go to premix at 4 oz. high quality oil per gallon.

Then if it seems okay, run 3.5 oz.per gallon. Make sure you are jetted heavy enough by doing plug chops.

don-ohio (:^D

Leppy The Lepracaun /

thanx don ohio, i am planning to do that, but how do i take the head off? i see 4 bolts and how do u take this freakin spark plug out? any pictures or websites anyone know of to take the head off?

You remove the head just the same as if you were installing it..................loosen it very slightly in a cross pattern a little at a time. If that's one of those really hard to get to spark plugs...........use a short socket and grip the socket with vise grips. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account