HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark still

Adam Foreman /

ok so i used starter fluid all about the thing and used an air compressor to dry it out real nice. my compression of the cylender is 130 psi which is about what some of our other bikes run at. new spark plugs and old spark plugs dont work. the magneto is clean i dont know what to do SOS !!!!1

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

Don Pflueger /

check your point gap and all your wire connections.the only things that will cause no spark are;

bad charging coil (very rare)

bad condensor (very common)

dirty or misadjusted points (also very common)

bad tail light bulb (somewhat common)

bad ignition coil (rare)

bad plug wire (somewhat common)

bad plug boot (common)

use of a resistor plug in a resistor plug boot (kinda common)

bad ground (common)

bad kill switch (very common, specially if it has water in it)

on your ht coil (the coil with the spark plug wire) there will be a wire that comes from the magneto and plugs into the coil, and splits off and runs up into the wire harness. unplug it from the wire harness and then test for spark. doing this isolates everything to just the components needed for spark. if no spark still, clean and regap your points. if no spark after that, get a new condensor.

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

Adam Foreman /

thank you donp ill get right on that

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

Edwin Johnson /

Just a drop of water on condenser in the right place will stop spark... same goes for plug, plug boot , wire , points,

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

Adam Foreman /

can i fix it or do i have to replace it? does anyone have like blueprints or something so i know im not screwing something up?

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

Don Pflueger /

you can fix it, just take your time.

Re: HELP pressure washed sachs now dry, no spark s

You can also try electrical contact cleaner spray on all electrical components that you think may have gotten wet including the coil, points, condenser terminal blocks, connections, the On/Off switch. and inside the spark plug cap.

You can get electrical contact cleaner at yout local AutoZone. Ask the Salesperson at the store what product would be good to dry wet wiring and components.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account