Moped cuts out when i sit onit

I have peugeot viva city 50cc. She starts up fine but when i sit on it it just cuts out. So when weight is applied its obviously putting pressure on somthing. But what? I don't know much about bikes, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers

Re: Moped cuts out when i sit onit

Leon Swarmer /

woo hooo, a new challenge? can you tell us how it cuts out?

does it gradually lose power and sputter or is it like shutting off the kill switch?

first guesses would include a fuel line that gets squeeezed bby the seat or suspenion parts, or a wire with bad insulation/connection.

Leon

Travis Hill /

My guess would be your clutch is sticking and when the back wheel hits the ground it cuts off?

possibly too much air or fuel, a possible solution would be cjanging the jet. my puch did the same thing and when i changed the jet it was fine again

It more like hitting a kill switch. I think it is something being sqezzed by my weight, cause when its just about to cut out, if i hop off it will rev normally

Leon Swarmer /

does this happpen whether or not the back tire is on the ground?

how much do you weigh?

I weigh 11 1/2 stone, Im not too sure but i think it cuts out even on the stand.

Leon Swarmer /

Are there any wires dirctly under the seat?

Is there a bettery? I'd be checking for bare spots in the wiring.

Im ganna venture a guess, that when you sit on it, it is pinching the fuel line closed.

Ben Van Zoest /

Does it have some kind of add-on anti theft device you'r not aware off or safety (ignition interrupt) switch like riding lawn mower seats? Otherwise look for blue wire touching chassis ground anywhere...

Went home after work last night and tried sitting on the bike on the stand, and it didn't cut out. So i check the fuel line, it did'nt seem to be squeezed, but i gave it a bit of slack anyway, and presto back in action. So cheers for everybodys help.

No more cycling to work.

Ben Van Zoest /

Genius you'r my man clever fix...

Edwin Johnson /

how bout a diet????

lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account