carb trouble

Garrett Scheffler /

my tomos targa lx has a amal carb on it and is kinda screwed up and i dont know how to fix it. it wont let me full throttle cause my moped stalls when i do, but when pull my choke when i full throttle the moped runs fine like it used to. i think i need to adjust the choke or something but i dont know how. can someone please help me

Re: carb trouble

just go out and buy a new carb, since their can be many problems in the carb that could affect your performance.

You are most likely running very lean. Try installing larger jets.

Don Pflueger /

first, why does it have an amal carb? tomos uses dellortto or encarwi carbs. second, the problem could be numerous things. sounds like it has incorrect jetting for your engine. but, with it being the wrong carb for your bike, its hard to say where to start.

Don Pflueger /

cory, i like your answer. buy a $70 carb when it may just be a $3 jet that needs to be replaced. lol he should get the correct dellortto carb anyway.

Ben Van Zoest /

You said IF I choke it runs good, what does that tell U!!!

MIXTURE PROBLEM.

Garrett Scheffler /

yeah but i have had it installed for a few months and it used to work fine. so it cant be the jet cause i had the same one ever since i got the carb.

Ben Van Zoest /

Sorry, I throw in my hat. I am too confused today....

Don Pflueger /

tighten up the intake manifold bolts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account