Puegeut 1978 engine . . . condenser replacement!

I own a 1977 peugeot 103LVS U3 and the condenser is needs replacement. So I was hoping someone could help me out. I know a little about these machines, but if you could help me out, please treat me as a moped illiterate. Any information on replacing the condenser and taking off the flywheel (and what/where those exactly are) would just save me.

Re: Puegeut 1978 engine . . . condenser replacemen

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Hey! I have the identical moped with an identical problem! I could also use identical advice.

Brooklyn

Puegeut 1978 engine . . . condenser replacement!

Flywheel is the brass looking wheel on the right side of the engine, covered with a chrome cover held on by two rubber straps. It's mounted on the crankshaft, which is tapered so they get really wedged on there (with the intent of keeping it in place--some engines have the flywheel mounted with a woodruff key, but I believe Peugeots do not). To take it off you need a flywheel puller specifically for Peugeots. Even with the tool, I've heard it can be very difficult.

You must remove the flywheel to get at the condensor. I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) the condensor is just a capacitor used to store the charge for the spark, so that the plug can spark when the breaker points separate. To replace the condensor, you'll need to remove the old one, then mount the new and solder the wires to the new one.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Alrighty, yea I already order all the parts I will need, Ben they are all availabe at the mopedwarehouse.com

Brooklyn

I replaced the points on Peugeot without removing flywheel, don't know about condenser but maybe it is worth to try.

Without puller try coat hanger wire method to remove the flywheel, I've seen an old post about it.

Z

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Hello, yes Ive gotten the points out, but the condensor will not fit. I've got a puller in the mail hopefully.

Brooklyn

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account