Tomos Oil Problem

Leppy The Lepracaun /

I have a TTLX 1994. I was riding the other day and suddenly the engine seized and shutoff. i looked to see if oil was getting to the engine and it seems to be blocked because the wires from the oil tank to the engine were empty. the tank is completly filled tho. i know the problem resides right at the tank because the cable is even empty right at the top. i tried all i could think of. any ideas?

Re: Tomos Oil Problem

the pump may be bad

Leppy The Lepracaun /

ok, i removed the cover and i see the pump. i see some screws on it, should i try tweaking them? maybe give the pump a kick or two? lol i dunno.

Leppy The Lepracaun /

AH HA! ALAS! black gunk all over the chain led to spots of black gunk on my rear rim, leading to a small screw hole dripping black gunk, leading to the oil wire that went up and through this small hole up to the oil tank. breath after playing sherlock holmes with this moped i took apart the whole back frame (rear fender) to find none other than oil spewed everywhere. damn. how much is it going to cost to replace this plastic cable? and where can i get one? or should i just electrical tape around it?

just go to a good auto parts store, its dirt cheap.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account