help! puch rusty gas tank

Ramsey Beyer /

hi. i just recently acquired my puch project bike and i was told the first thing i should do is clean out the rust from the gas tank. it seems like ive read about this a million times on the forum but when i search for it i find nothing.

so can anyone tell me the best way to get rust out of a gas tank for a 1977 puch maxi? if you could that woudl be great!

Re: help! puch rusty gas tank

Ben Van Zoest /

Look in old threads, July, you see many rusty tank issues.

help! puch rusty gas tank

Using "rust tank" as a search argument, I got these results:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/search.php?f=6&search=rust+tank&match=1&date=30&fldsubject=1&fldbody=1

If you need help on how to use 'search', post back and I'll try to help.

I would use a good in line filter after you clean the tank.

The clear ones are best, that way you can see if it's getting clogged from rust.

fill the tank with automatic transmission fluid

Cleaning the rust out of your tank is probably a good idea, but i would make sure the bike runs first. You may be able to get by with just a inline fuel filter on the gas line.

Marg Mantashian /

there is a product that you can buy that seals the gas tank from the inside. it forms a coating to prevent the rust from getting into the gas. you can buy it at a shop that sells motorcycle parts. it costs about $30. hope this helps.

its called krem or crem

one of those

or Kreem

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account