bummer

i just got my 70cc airsal kit for my 1980 puch maxi one speed and while breaking it in i think i threw a bearing. im not 100% sure so maybe you guys can help me out. from 0-20 my ped has no power and makes a squeaking sound like metal on metal but from 20 and up it runs perfect.im gettin kinda pissed with this ped because everytime i fix one thing something else gives

Re: bummer

`iT'S A STRAIN FOR A SINGLESPEED ON INITIAL TAKE-OFF AND A DRY CHAIN OR WHEEL BEARINGS MISADJUSTED WILL SOUND OFF..

That kinda' sounds like a brake dragging(not returning or adjusted too tight) or a chain needing lubed.

Make sure you have the proper oil in the tranny at the right fill level. Make sure you have no loose spokes if it has spoked wheels.

Make sure,too, that you run 4 oz. of quality 2-stroke oil to a gallon of gas. don-ohio (:^)

Re: bummer

Bobby Smith /

also i just put in new tranny fluid automatic type f like i was told by someone here on moped army and filled it untill it was full like they said. i took off the cylindar and piston and noticed there was a quarter sized hole on the right side of the motor itself on the inside when i first saw it about a week ago it was real small and i thought it was normal but it is gradually gettin bigger

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account