Re: Magnum gas cap leak...help!

Joe Woods /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i think you have the wrong cap there.. or the gasket is shrunk and no longer seals.. Try cutting another gasket from a piece of rubber sheet and adding it to the gasket.

And it shouldn't rattle .. There is a little internal cap inside my gascap that is held in only by pressure.. a press-fit.. So my guess is your cap is falling apart inside due to being rusty and maybe banged around.

I pryed open a cap that was on a Kreemed tank.. the inside of the cap was packed with flakes of rust. The inside of a metal gas cap is a nearly perfect environment for rust development.

The inline filter might catch rust particles but it will not cure a clogged gas cap-vent. The tank has to be vented. Once you cure the leaking fuel/gasket/problem, the cap's tiny vent hole is all you will have..

imo, you need a new cap. Once you find one, break that one open and then tell me i was all wrong. :)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account