1976 batavus clutch repair

Marg Mantashian /

I am trying to repair the clutch on my batavus intercycle. I am wondering if anyone has any diagrams or advice for fixing this problem. It was engaging when i pulled the handle, now i get nothing. A piece came out. It is called the leaf spring by the parts specs. I don't know how to reinstall it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to junk the moped because i don't know how or where to get help. I don't have a lot of money to invest in this moped. However, it has been great trying to bring it back to life. Please help!

Re: 1976 batavus clutch repair

Leaf spring serves only one purpose- to make clutch running quiet, you can safely run ped without it.

As far as clutch not engaging, make sure the distance between starting arm and clutch is about 1-2 mm if it's more adjust your starting cable or you can bent that starting arm to serve your needs.

Z

Ziggy, I thought the leaf spring engaged the starter clutch?don-ohio

I used to have one and I never had a leaf spring.

still worked fine.

although I stripped out the clutch hub 2 times cause of a slightly bent shaft. haha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account