Where to buy moped tires online.

Were's the best(and maybe the cheapest) place to buy moped tires online.

I need a 17x2.25 for my Puch.

Re: Where to buy moped tires online.

I bought a couple on tires and a few other items from http://www.motorhelmets.com/

I just ordered them the other day so I cannot give much testimoney about service, etc. Price for kenda 4ply tires was pretty good compared to the 35-40 per tire locally.

mopedwarehouse.com

mopedguru.com

handybikes.com they are also selling on ebay right now. do a search.

ikesbikes.com

i need some tires do they need to be the same size one looks bigger for a 1977 Puch Maxi

1977mopeds.com

get the sawa 17"

i just got a set, are super bad ass looking and flawless grip

I just bought some off the handy bikes ebay page. a set for 30 bucks.

do not buy hindustan tires they are junk

the zap ones on ebay for 38 dollars that include tubes are a great deal. Super sidewall, and great tread. thats alos a good deal. they ship fast too.

DO not try and put 2.50 x 17 's on your maxi, they dont fit, run the 2.25x17

andrew

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moped-Tires-2-25-x-17-W-Tubes-Puch-Tomos-Vespa-SET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ003QQitemZ130150713307QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If you have a Honda Motorsports dealer near you, they've probably got the best deal. They'll have (or be able to get) Michelin Gazelles in the size you need, because they're the same size as the front tire on a Honda Passport. Probably about $16 apiece, they're excellent tires, and little or no shipping charge. It's a lot cheaper, as shipping tires is usually really expensive.

I too learned the hard way about Hindustan tires, bought a set to replace the tires on my first moped. I could NOT get them on the rim, and since I was a newbie I figured I was doing something wrong. Took them to a bike shop, who popped four tubes before getting it installed.

I still have that one tire on my Pinto, seems to be OK, but I certainly wouldn't buy them again. Handy Bikes is great, but say no to Hindustan.

the zap ones i got from the dude on ebay ship really quick as well, ordered on yesterday, ups confirmaition sent today...

cant beat that.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account