QT50... NAME THAT PART

So I ordered this part off of ebay. It was listed as a rectifier, but I'm not so sure now that I have it. It only has one connection spade on it, and according to the wiring diagram there should be two.

So... what is it? Is it indeed a rectifier... if so how do I hook it up and physicaly where on the bike should it be connected? Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like it could be a "regurator" but I cant find the connection point for that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance.

-Matt

1091848189_tn_p8060007.jpg

Re: QT50... NAME THAT PART

This is the wiring diagram I've been refering to...

-Matt

1091848365_yamaha_qt50wiring.jpg

looks like you may have a 'regurator' ( a voltage regulator?), pictured just above the 'rectifier'.

Is there some component on the bike that has a single terminal and appears similar to the one you purchased? (the ground 'terminal' would be the metal body of the device itself) The wire color connected would be.. L? wtf color begins with L?

btw.. why did you order a rectifier? Is the old one broken or is it missing.. and if it's missing, have you found the wire terminals (white and red) that should be connected to it? If it's not missing, what does it look like?

You can test a rectifier with a multimeter. Basically, resistance in one direction is high, and much lower in the other. Use the 'ohms' setting on the meter and hook it up..

Honda made rectifiers with 2, 3, and 4 wire connections.. I dunno about Yamaha.. If this diagram is correct for your bike, it looks to me like you did not buy a rectifier.

I believe Joew is correct. Go to http://partsfish.com and register (it's free).

Then add a Yahama motorcycle, then the QT50 and use year 1982 and exploded parts view for "Electrical".

Your part looks like the voltage regulator

Thanks for the coroboration guys.

I needed a rectifier because mine was missing when I got the bike.

If anyone out there knows where I need to hook this regulator up to or where it is on the bike, let me know so I can see if I need it too.

-Matt

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account