what did I do! Engine not starting

Kevin Sparks /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok I know where the problem is but i'm not sure why it's not working. First let me tell you what happened. I hit a down ward hill going full speed, so obviously I picked up some speed going down, but i'm thinking to much and I started losing speed. This is where it happened and how, but I don't know why. I have a hero Majestic pacer for the record.

I'm going to try and explain this as I don't know what anything is called and I don't have a manual for the ped. Try and bare with me. ok, you kick the starter chain and that pulls the engine chain which pulls the belt. The belt spins the circle thing. But heres my problem. The belt isn't pulling the circle thing that spins(sorry for the lack of a better name) I'll show you a picture. Nothing looks broken, at first I thought something inside might have broken that wasn't putting tension to spin the whole thing. But it looks like the (pads?) may be worn out? I'm not sure if they have to be replaced possible. Or could there be something i'm not seeing thats messed up. The crank bar(don't know the name) wont move if I spin that whole part that I showed in the picture, but the one on the right side will. So i'm guessing something on the left side is off. Any ideas what this might be? If i'm being to vague i'll try and explain a little more. I'm trying to fix it now but i'm not exactly sure whats the main problem.

1091831750_p8050137.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account