fa50 battery size

can anyone tell me the aproxamate demensions of the 6 volt batteries used on the 1980's fa50 i usualy do not run batteries but this one is blowing bulbs a little too often

Re: fa50 battery size

Here comes a smart ass reply...get one that fits in the little battery well. One second thought, maybe your scooter doesn't have the plastic tank cover that holds the battery. In which case, I have a spare I can sell cheap ($5 plus mailing $2)

Robert Fosdick /

i do have that cover, but that compartment is so small battery never entered my mind. like i said i am not in the habbit of running batteries, but i think this bike wants one

If you order a replacement from Parts Unlimited, be sure the dealer orders one with the correct wire terminals. You want bullet terminals to match up with the red and black wires under the seat. And make sure you have the in-line fuse also. It fits in that clip at t he side of the batterey well. The system is 6v.

Robert Fosdick /

thank you the fuse is still good

correct battery - available at Suzuki/Yamaha dealers- 6NA-2A-4

6v, 4amp

Robert Fosdick /

i got a battery out of a junk motorcycle and made a little box under the reaer rack. i just cant bring myself to go to a dealer. there is already so much stuff laying around this world and they just make more stuff that will eventually be junk, so i like to make junk into good stuff. but thank you very much for the information

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account