Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt run

C. Smitt /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yeah the dryer duct thing is inside the air (I wanna say filter, cause thats what should be in there, right?) box, but there is no filter.

Ive never heard of an engine with no air filter, but whoever had this bike (one owner) was kind of an idiot I think. No preventive maintenence was done, and the air pump and tool kit are missing.

plus its just in disrepair generally. But ill get it back in shape.

So that brings me to my next question:

Where do you guys go for parts? Are moped tune-up parts (filters, etc.) available at retail anywhere like auto zone,napa, or similar places?

I want to get the air filter in place asap, and I will probably get the fuel filter tonight, but where to go for the air filter? assuming it should have one.

Thanks for clearing up the petcock thing. Although it is a plastic hose stickin up out of it and not a metal one, the thing that was confusing me was that I thought the plug was supposed to be closed off all the way, so as no to allow any fuel through. thanks again. that reminds me, I forgot to set it to "off" when I parked it. is that bad? the carb does not leak at all. There is still a slow leak in the petcock off position, which Im assuming is caused by the metal where the part that turns (the thing you turn to change from on to off to res.) sits into the body of the petcock. you know, where the three holes are its corroded out a little. Should I be concerned about this?

Im mainly concerned with getting the filters on right now though.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  just got my first moped...but it doesnt runTopic by: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/06/04 06:22AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Robert Fosdick Robert Fosdick 08/06/04 07:08AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/06/04 08:11AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Robert Fosdick Robert Fosdick 08/06/04 08:28AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Robert Fosdick Robert Fosdick 08/06/04 09:04AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/07/04 02:08PM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Ray West Ray West 08/07/04 03:56PM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/07/04 09:37PM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Ray West Ray West 08/07/04 10:11PM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/07/04 11:05PM
  Re:tailightRe: Leon Swarmer Leon Swarmer 08/07/04 11:11PM
  Re:tailightRe: Ray West Ray West 08/08/04 01:20AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: Leon Swarmer Leon Swarmer 08/08/04 01:26AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/08/04 01:33AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: Ray West Ray West 08/08/04 01:48AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: Keith Hannah Keith Hannah 08/08/04 01:52AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/09/04 02:33AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: Ray West Ray West 08/09/04 02:41AM
  Re:tailight thanksRe: Robert Fosdick Robert Fosdick 08/09/04 09:34AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: C. Smitt C. Smitt 08/09/04 11:50AM
  Re: just got my first moped...but it doesnt runRe: Brian F Brian F 08/09/04 01:53PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account