SLOW PC50

Ronald Doyle /

I recently did a ground up restoration of a 4 stroke 1970 PC50. I thought that I had done everything correctly during the restoration (including new piston rings and a good cleaning of the carb) but I can't seem to get the ped to maintain a constant cruising speed of much more than 35kmh

I know it's got good compression and spark, so I figure it's the carb, but I could be wrong.

The carb in question is a Keihin which uses a sperate main-jet and idle-jet system.

I've tried various combinations of settings on the carb, as well as adjusting the valve tappet clearance on the intake valve and I'm now at a loss as to what to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ron

Re: SLOW PC50

Have you checked your condensor?

Try painting it with blue white and red........everythings faster when its french!

Luke Evans /

okay have you tried the air filter? it may need cleaning? the brake shoes maybe catching (especialy if theyre brand new) the chain might need tightening? it supposed to have a 1 ich movement (ie 1/2 inch either side of the norm) check the tires are pumped up. check the sprokets for wear, check the wheel bearings for wear tighten if nessercary, decarbonise the exhaust pipe. decarbonise the cylinder (maybe boil with white spirits and vinigar) after that............ i dont know! i suppose you could check the clutch as it might be spinning, you might need to play with the timing as well make sure the contact breakers have the correct gap

good luck

luke <www.evzsgarage.esmartdesign.com>

Yeah you could try that stuff too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account