missing air filter assembly

I just bought a 1978 Vespa Grande, and it was only after I took it home and took the cover off that I discovered that there was no air filter or air filter cover. The air intake area is a shallow saucer shaped area but the outside of it looks threaded. I don't know if there's a whole complicated assemby that goes there or just a simple lid. Anyone? The previous owner said it didn't have an air filter when he got it.

I"m puzzled because the moped is in excellent condition otherwise w/300 miles. Why would someone take it out? Is this is an essential part of a moped?

Does anyone know where I can get whatever piece goes there? I looked in the online manual and there's no illustration or anything (just a picture of the carburetor).

That vespasupershop in CA is moving or something and doesn't take orders judging from the website. Where else can I get this part?

Thanks

Re: missing air filter assembly

Please? Where can we get Vespa moped parts nowadays? I'm looking for this air filter.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account