Noisy Motor ?I cant figure it out?Yamaha QT50

My motor is so NOISYYYYYYYYYYYY

I took off the magneto cover it seems fine in there, i took off the gearing side cover all of the gears turn ad seem fine and have a good amount of new oil.. I took off the rear drive shaft so it is just the basic motor.And it is still so noisy !!! What else is there but the piston and crank ? so i took off the cylinder. The piston has a nice tight fit and the rod does not have a bad amouth of play. It seems fine but the grinding geary noise comes from the drive shaft out put/ mid motor, im clue less.. Many people have told me that the qt should run quiet. Im almost ready to put it back together and drive it noisy!

Any help would be great ??\

Thanks DAN

danw@optonline.net

Noisy Motor ?I cant figure it out?Yamaha QT50

It has a muffler, right?

Re: Noisy Motor ?I cant figure it out?Yamaha QT50

Yes its definatly a geary noise in the motor, exhuast is on.

check it should have 300 ml of fluid

wayne i will check, when i got the moped it was very low on oil, thinking something must have broke, i took off the cover and every thing seemed fine. So i put some oil in there, honestly the geary noise sounds like its from the other side or crank zone of the motor. Its killing me, but i will make sure i have 300ml. Dan

hey guys call me stupid but aren'tthere two ball type open lubed bearings on either end of that crankshaft due to that prior lack of lube before could one of them be dying a slow and "geary" sounding death? just a hunch. greg...

Greg,

Could that be it ? that shounds like the closest possible thing, where are theese bearing and how can i figure this out ??

Dan

Well it ended up being the right lower crank bearing, NOOOOOISSYYYYYYYYYYy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account