puch horn?

Troy Brown /

I think i hooked up my horn wrong . it wont stop running running

Re: puch horn?

you mean the horn wont turn off

what moped are you talking about

it helps us alot if we get lots of info

check the horn switch, if you take the light/horn switch off the handle bars does it turn the horn off?, if so put ssome electrical tape under the switch so the solder does not ground itself to the metel bars

try checking the wire connector at the right side of the ped(view when sitting on ped)

like i sed we need more info to help.

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

sorry about that. its a Puch Maxi if that can narrow it down.

Ben Van Zoest /

cut the blue/black feed wire to the horn, if it stops buzzing more than likely you have a bad switch. Brown is chassis ground.

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

thanks .

Jason Luther /

sometimes the horn on my bianchi sticks on, its just the button sticking. take the switch cover off, move it around a bit and tighten it back down. always works for me. i wouldnt just cut wires. unplug them maybe...-jason

I'm not 100% sure you should go cutting that wire, I believe that Puchs must have the horn hooked up to run

Ben Van Zoest /

Brown ground wire yes the other is just a feed wire N/O. I was only suggesting to cut the wire to isolate the problem! AND who uses the buzzer anyway?

yea a puch must have the horn plugged in to run

but you could just bypass it

but its better to find the correct problem and fix it the right way

a job well done will last allot longer than a job done in a few minutes

but remember

"if you can't duck it, Fuc it"

hehehe

a quote from the duck tape

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

I did bypast it so i could test ride it. i will go through it again later in the week.

I want to know that everything works and hooked up right, then i,ll take it off

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account