substitution for 6v headlight?

So i've got a 78 honda express, and i want to take off the head light assembly altogether, and replace it with something like an aftermarket car floodlight. My question is: Stock headlight is 6v 15w, and i'm pretty sure the floodlights and such are 12v......would it work properly? and what to do instead...........I like the sleek look of the small floodlights because i have chopper'd out the ped with extended forks and small, flat, handlebars. Plus,...the floodlights i'm looking at will mount with the stock headlight assembly bracket.......................also,.....I need to bypass the ignition switch,.........I have manual,..........and there are 4 wires running to it......the black/white wire is labeled ign, the red wire is labeled bat, the green wire is labeled E, and the black wire is labeled P. anybody know what these E and P stand for? andhow to bypass the ignition without loosing anything else....including the kill switch,which i will need to turn ped off?

please help......any info is much appreciated.......

Filley

Re: substitution for 6v headlight?

i have no clue on your wiring- but a suggestion on a replace light- go to lowes or home depot and look at hand held - battery operated lights- the 6v kind- i have a full size work lamp on my ped- throws 10x the light the headlamp did- and a hell of a lot cheaper to replace....

Re: substitution for 6v headlight?

Joshua Filley /

Yeah,....i thought of that after i read all the posts that popped up when i searched about it......only problem is.....how to mount it. i'm thinking maybe i could use a floodlight, but, replace the bulb with a 6v one that will fit the socket properly. you see i need to ditch the broken-ass ugly headlight bezzle entirely,....speedo, headlight, and ignition all

Filley

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account