Need fuel shut-off valve for 1981 Peugeot

Hello, all;

My husband (Brian) posted a "please find me the part number!" post for my 1981 Peugeot 103 SP.

I've only been here for a little bit, but you folks have been a tremendous help already. I remember skimming some posts that said things along the line of "I have a _____ moped that I'm just parting out". So I thought I should come and ask outright if someone has the PART, not just the number.

So....here I am again, two questions in one month.

I know: nag, nag, nag..... ;-)

Cheers from Canada,

Katherine

Re: Need fuel shut-off valve for 1981 Peugeot

Travis Hill /

I've got one. It is used and came off my 81 103sp. Make an offer. I can take pics if you'd like. You pay shipping from USA. Travis

Wonderful! I'll let Brian know as soon as he gets home tonight. I'm not as engine-savvy as he is, though I'm slowly learning. Guess I"ll get some good lessons when I rebuild a V8 engine our mechanic lent me (he thought I should start with something BIG, easy to see connections.)

I'll ask B. to get back to you ASAP.

Many thanks,

Katherine

I may have found a new one locally. If that doesn't pan out I will get back to you.

Hi Travis. Brian here, K's husband. I tore the petcock apart and replaced the old gasket, which had disintegrated, with a piece of inner tube. Had to cut it to the right size and punch three holes for the fuel flow. Worked like a charm, no leaks.

If you are willing to part with your old petcock for $5 I will take it. Always good to have a spare. I'd take the carb also if the price is right.

Brian

Travis Hill /

I'll have to see if I still have the carb. I think I do, but want to make sure first. You can make me an offer on it but I'll tell you it's a pain for me to ship to canada so it might not be worth it to me. If you REALLY need it though I'll see what I can do :). We would also need to wrap this up within a month because I am moving soon and everything I can't move will be thrown away. Travis

Travis, Brian here again. How does $15 US for the carb, shut-off valve and throttle cable sound? (plus postage of course)

Brian

Travis Hill /

Brian,

I already threw the moped's frame away. I do not have any of the cables off of it. Come to think of it, the cable I used for the throttle is one I found in a bunch of junk parts from a motorcycle shop that went out of business. In other words, you don't need a certain kind. Just go to a motorcycle shop and get the longest cable they have. Then just cut it to length on the end that attaches to the carb.

As for the fuel valve and carb, make it 20usd and you have a deal. Even $20 is barely worth the time to put it in a box and drive over to ups IMO so I won't go any lower. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, just letting you know. Let me know how you want to proceed.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account