NEED ELECTRICAL VOLTAGE HELP......

I HAVE A REALLY SMALL BUT ANNOYING PROBLEM WITH MY 75 PUCH MAXI LIGHTS. THEY JUST KEEP BLOWING THE SYSTEM IS A 6V 18W. AFTER BLOWING 6V BULBS IN A FEW HOURS OF RIDING I USED A 12V AUTOMOTIVE LIGHT THAT TWO WILL GO BLACK IN 1-2 WEEKS THEN BURN OUT. PLEASE HELP I HAVE POSTED MY PROBLEM MANY TIMES AND NEVER GET A RESPONSE. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF OTHERS HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM OF SIMILAR AND HOW IT WAS DELT WITH. I AM GOING BROKE BUYING BULBS EVERY WEEK.

THANKS

Re: NEED ELECTRICAL VOLTAGE HELP......

Gregory Mcintire /

The Puch does not have a voltage regulator as such. Rather, it requires that you use the correct wattage/voltage bulbs. You can find the correct tail light bulb at some of the online moped dealers.

I also filled the tail light fixture's cavity (behind the reflector) with putty. This dampens vibration. Since doing this about 9000 mile ago I have not burned out a single tail light bulb.

For a headlight bulb I am using an automotive 6 volt tail light bulb, number 1156. This was the most common tail light bulb used in 6 volt cars I believe. It is a two filament bulb. I solderded the two solder nubs together to make it draw the right amount of current. It have been using it successfully for about 4000 miles and I have the lights turned ON all the time.

Marshall Lewis /

I can't use a 6v it blows out as soon as rpm gets up a 12v lasts longer but also burns out in a week or two. Are you using a duel fillament and using both terminals or blocking one off? I have read many people up the volts of the bulbs to solve this problem but there must be somthing not functioning right electrically. I find it hard to believe Puch that just rolled of the assembly line had this problem. My back light at full rpm is working perfectly and has been working since I got the bike it's just the front and vdo bulbs that blow. If the magnito is the problem then why does the rear light not burn out and onely measuse the factory 6v 18w and the fronts pushing out 12v and ?watts

Thanks for any help

Gregory Mcintire /

For the head light I am using an 1156 bulb. It is a two filament bulb. I connect both filiments together.

The 1156 is a standard and very common 6 volt automotive brake/tail light bulb.

If you use a 6 volt bulb that does not draw enough current, the voltage will go too high and burn it out. If you use a 6 bolt bulb that does draw enough current, it will work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account