TTlx problems

Leppy The Lepracaun /

I took my moped to the shop for the first time after buying it used, its a 94. 10 yrs old. bout 3000 miles. but anyways i took it to the shop in hope of bringing it up to speed and fix various things, one thing that hasnt changed it my shifting. It will not shift into second on uphills and it is very slow shifting on regular streets. it makes a whinning noise when it takes off. and say im going down the street i can feel the moped and i know when to ease off the gas to help it shift into second, if i didnt do this ease off gas thing, it probably wouldnt shift. any ideas?

Re: TTlx problems

Maybe your clutch is worn?

That sounds a lot as if you have a clogged exhaust. Do a search on this site to see how to cleen it out. I think that Fred's guide might have instructions too.

Check your clutches and trans fluid. If it isn't red, you are running something else besides type F which could be the shifting problem (expext the fluid to be on the blackish side though). The whinning might be normal though. Also, a performance exhaust will help the shifting too.

DON"T RUN TYPE F

only run DEXRON III

What you mean? The reccomendation from TOMOS is type A, F, or Dexron III/Mercon. Type F is the best out of the 3 since it provides better shifts.

Leppy The Lepracaun /

im thinking its the exhaust thing, thanks guys, ill throw it into a fire or sometin get that crap out. it does smoke a little. Transmission Fluid? where does that go in, i only put 2 things in my moped...Oil (under the seat) and Gas (top tank). u mean theres more things i have to fill and check?

yup... the airbox side, the tranny has 3 screws, remove the bottom and top ones and drain it into a container... then replace the bottom one and take out the side one.. put tranny fluid in the top and wait for it to begin coming out the side, then replace the top and side screws... thats all.. oh yea... take a ride before you do it, the engine should be warm when you go this...

--cb-

Leppy The Lepracaun /

nope not the exhaust i cleaned that thing out goood, so we are down to transmission fluid and worn clutch. ill try tommorow.

Leppy The Lepracaun /

Airbox Side? can anyone give me a step by step into replacing transmission fluid? thanx cb for tryin but im a novice i dont understand. And what does it look like?

I know why you are confused. You have the old style intake w/ the carb under the frame when we thought opposite. The side you want is the side opposite of the oil pump (the right side when you sit on the ped).

Leppy The Lepracaun /

oh i see. ok so i took off all those plastic panels until i can see the carb and all the guts. so if im looking directly at the carb on the right side of the mopad, where would i go from there?

Alright, you don't really need to do anything w/ the carb then. The black metal cover on the side is what you want to work on. Like CB said, there are two bolts and a screw. The two bolts are on top and bottom and both are 13mm. Remove those and the fluid should start coming out. After it drains, put the bottom one back on and take the philips head screw out (which is between the two bolts). Now, start pouring the type F ATF in from the top bolt untill it starts coming out from the hole where the screw was. When it does, stop and wait until it starts coming out. When it does, bolt and screw everything back together. Now, go for a 10-15 minute ride, come back, and take the philips head screw out only to make sure the level is correct when warm. If it is. screw it back on and your done.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account