1977 express

I am new to this site and mopeding. I need to know where i can purchase parts for my 1977 express and what is also a good price on a tune-up. I have not riden the moped in a year but it was running until i got a flat tire. I need to also replace the carb cover. please help me get my little yellow bitch back on the road.

Re: 1977 express

Jonas Quimby /

Some parts for the Express can still be purchased from motorcycle shops. I have been able to get most of what I need from Everett Powersports (formally Everett Honda Shop) in Everett Washington.

If you arnt near any place like that you might ask around here.

As for giving it a tuneup, I have had many people come to me saying they took their Express in for a tuneup and it still doesnt run. Turns out the places did little more then clean the bowl of the carb out and charge them a fortune.

If you think you have the know-how to do it yourself, my Express guide can probably tell you what you need.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/5035/5035/

The guide was ment for bikes that have sat a year or more.

I need the the air cleaner parts for the outside of the carburetor.

Jonas Quimby /

Unfortunatly I dont have any spares. You may poke around on ebay and the likes though.

A word of warning; Running without an air filter is a VERY bad idea. You can easily damage your engine simply with the dirt in the air or from sand/rocks getting kicked up. I ran my Express for a few months with no filter in the air box and managed to ruin my piston and cylender. Never did that again...

If you are still looking for some parts, let me know I think I have some extras available.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account