Lady need help

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I hope I'm doing this correct.

I have a 2001 Tomos TragaLX. The light has burnt out that lets you know if there is a turn indiator on (the one below the high beam indicator).

Does anyone know what I have to do to repair this? This is my first moped, and the nearest dealer is about 200 km away from me.

It looks like the fairing may have to come off to replace the bulb, but I wanted to be sure before I got to far ahead of myself.

I don't want to hurt anything by trying the repair myself, so any help would be greatly suggested.

Re: Lady need help

Before you buy a new bulb take the front fairing off and see if there are any loose wires. The ends of the wires have little metal clips on them that fit onto metal tabs at the various lights. The clips generally have a good grip on the tabs, but sometimes they come loose. So, look at the base of where the turn signal indicator is and make sure that there are two wires conedted if not that is your problem. All you will need to do then is to reconect the clip to the tab, and you may want to crimp the tab ever so slightly before re-installing it to make sure that it stays put.

There is little underneeth the fairing that can be hurt. The only thing that you have to wach out for is the clips on the tabs. If one comes loose re-connect it immediatly. The danger is if more than one clip comes loose you may not know which tab it should be connected to.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account