Sticky Puch Cylinder???

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Hello, on my Puch Maxi, on the stroke where the piston pulls back it get very hard to turn. On the way up it is great. I took out the head and piston and they are in good shape and move togther well. Also, the engine turns very well without the top end. But once I put the cylinder back on tight it gets stuck again. I am thinking a bent rod?????

Brooklyn

Re: Sticky Puch Cylinder???

James Foster /

Hello again, I think you should get that service manual, because it shows you how to take apart the whole gearbox. I just got finished doing that to my puch, and it works a bit better now. The manual also shows you how to align and fix you're crankshaft. Look at the attachment for an example, and also try oiling the inside of the bore and around the cylinder to be sure it's not the cylinder or bore that's at fault.

glad to help,

JF

1089578505_mvc608f.jpg

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

I've oiled and whatnot. Im 100% sure it is not the cylinder and pistion. Im thinking bent rod/ screwed up crank and whatnot.

Brooklyn

James Foster /

I see. Well if that's the case, then you should consider just getting a new crankshaft from MWH or themopedjunkyard. Depending on how bad it is, you could try a repair, but getting a new one would be less hassle. Oh and themopedjunkyard has the best price for a used crank: 80$.

Hope this helps,

JF

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Im think ill just get a whole new engine/bottom end for cheaper and save the trouble.

Brooklyn

James Foster /

Sounds like the best idea. :)

JF

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account