Tomos Speed

My 2004 Tomos Tomos will not go faster than 30mph. Is there anything I can do?

Re: Tomos Speed

That is odd since my stock LX was able to do 36-37. What are you using as 2-stroke oil and as trans fluid?

Maybe Taylor is a big dude.

You go fast(er) in a Tomos like this: performance exhaust, sprokets and upgrade the piston/cylinder.

Ben

wow massman 37 mph stock??? what r u 20 pounds?

Yea im 6'3 and 160 pounds. So that might make it slower?lol I dont know

Taylor is right

You can only be 100 pounds but if your 6 foot 3 inches tll you need that much more power to over come the wind against your body mass

Trapper

That's odd since I'm 6'1" and was 170lbs when my stock one did 36-37 (this was what my dad's truck speedo showed).

By the way, check the wheel alignment since if it is off, your tire might be rubbing.

Keith Wallace /

A stock tomos SHOULD do 30 mph out of the box. How many miles are on it, and did you break it in properly?

I have 366 miles on the moped. All did was ride the moped and did not go full throttle unitl about 250 miles. The moped goes 30mph and of course goes over that going down hills.

Any ideas? Some kid in the neighbor hood has like 5000 miles on his and it goes like 50mph with the bi-turbo.

Put a bi-turbo on it?

If it just has a Bi-Turbo, it doesn't do 50. Don't trust the TOMOS speedo since he is probably only doing 40 tops (unless he has a kit too).

I have no Bi-Turbo and no Kits. If anyone wants to give me a Bi-Turbo let me know and it is in good condition.lol

go to mwh he has good pipes....

Ben Van Zoest /

Maybe it's time to get a REAL motorcycle!

If you go over 30 mph then you are not legally riding a moped and can be fined by the police and even have your moped impounded. At least that is the law in Indiana.

It is the law in most places. In NJ, the speed limit for mopeds is 25 mph. I was going 40 once w/ a cop right behind me and all he did was pass me which means cops could care less how fast you're going unless you are going over the speed limit that is posted.

I'm 6'1 200 pds and my targa lx goes 60km's

Dominick Zara /

if you buy a used biturbo take out the parts clean them get all the carbon off of them and you will sound alot louder and go faster cuz your holes arent cloged

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account