GAS LEAK!!!(STUPID SCREW)

HI. I have a 1978 Tomos A3SP moped. Its in good condition, but it has a gas leak! I opened it, and found as soon as i open the valve, gas starts pouring out. I think its from a little screw on top of the gas tank. I have tried SO HARD to tighten that screw. Its at a hard to reach angle, from both sides. I think threres a special too to get that screw, but i dont know whats it called?!? PLEASE HELP, Faraz

Re: GAS LEAK!!!(STUPID SCREW)

Ben Van Zoest /

what's the little screw 4 and how can it leak on top, yes the gas comes out the valve It's all so confusing I like to help!

Syed Abbas /

Sorry 4 the cunfusion,im not that good mopeds, heres what i meant to say, After i pour in the gas, i open the valve for the gas to go to the engine. Down there, threre should be small flat headed screw. After i open the valve for the gas to come, thats where the gas seems to go. hope this helps, Faraz

Ben Van Zoest /

If you mean the 90 degree coupling to the carb then shut-off the petcock on the tank, remove coupling so you can see it

put your finger on it's little hole and re-open tank valve.

See where it leaks. Maybe punctured hose? What machine is this?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account