Re: 1977 Negrini needs help

Eric /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I may have some magneto parts that might work for you off of an old Garelli motor. I think they both used the CEV setup. I will check to see what I have got sitting around. Its been a while since i looked at either, so I may be wrong.

If you have the intake, you are in luck! The carb is a Delorto 14-12 usually with a 49 or 50 jet (widely available on eBay for cheap) If you do touch the intake, be careful with the Bakelite spacer, they break very easily and are irreplaceable. I had to chop a cooling fin to make mine fit without the spacer. I think the head gasket is a lead-coated copper and the base gasket is paper. The head gasket is probably reusable as long as the lead doesn't flake off too much. I took a photo of my base gasket when I had it apart and made a template in Photoshop. I can send you the file if you need to make a gasket. Its probably best to leave it alone for now. Do you have an exhaust at all, or is it just in bad shape? If you have one I would start trying to get it running as is. Better to put money into nice things when it is running. There is always the possibility of having crank case leaks which may require hard-to-find parts to be found.

I'm willing to help any way I can. e-mail me if you have any questions.

-Eric

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account