motobecane v belt

Edwin Johnson /

wishing someone has actual length and width of v belt for 76 motobecane

Re: motobecane v belt

I got a 4L32 from an auto parts store, it works well

Keith Hannah /

The one I got from Advance auto parts is labeled L432. Probably different ways of designating the same size. The packaging also says 48x320.

Edwin Johnson /

4L32 is correct part#

1/2 " x 32" is the actual size

That's funny, because the motobecane V-belt is metric, so how can 1/2" by 32" be the correct size? I've found the #9313 belt to be the most easily attainable and correctly fitting solution. They can be found at any auto parts store for around $12 US.

Keith Hannah /

Well... a 13mm x 81cm belt would be virtually indestinguishable from a 1/2" x 32" belt. At the very least I'd be willing to bet that a 9313 is 13mm wide.

V-belts are built within allowable length tolerances, and that is marked on most belts.. they stretch when first run-in and might continue to stretch for some time.. and belt drives adjustable, maybe + or - 5% or so.. The exact angle of the sidewall is up to the manufacturer except for in the most demanding applications. Pulleys are less than perfect.

imo, find one that fits and keep an eye on it for a few hundred miles and then forget about it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account